受亚太联盟(APAC)的委托，圣地亚哥华人联盟(ACA)和圣地亚哥亚裔平权会(SDAAFE)将联合主持 2018年第四届亚裔优秀高中生市长奖华人社区的评选. 该奖评选向所有合格的学生开放, 组委会收集到所有候选人申请材料之后，将组织由各界华人代表组成的评选委员会来评选最后的获奖人。华人社区共有4个获奖名额。
请朋友们互相传递信息, 也请家长们鼓励高中生孩子们积极参与。 这是一个非常难得的机会。请申请者务必在4月16日之前递交所有的申请材料。更多详情请点击下面的链接。
如欲了解更多‘市长奖’详情，请电邮 2018APIAward@gmail.com, 邮件名一栏请写“2018市长奖”.
Commissioned by the Asian Pacific American Coalition (APAC), Alliance of Chinese Americans of San Diego (ACA) and San Diego Asian Americans for Equality (SDAAFE) are the co-hosts of Chinese community for this year’s San Diego Outstanding API Student Mayoral Award (“Mayoral Award”).
The purpose of Mayoral Award is to recognize those high school students who have demonstrated strong willingness and made significant efforts in civic engagement, revealed extraordinary leadership skills with proved accomplishments, actively participated in community outreach programs as well as maintained academic excellence in school. By recognizing these students, we hope to discover next generation leaders for our Chinese American community.
Here are general guidelines to those who apply for Mayoral Award:
- Be descendants of Chinese immigrants
- Currently enrolled in school within San Diego County area.
- Have maintained a 3.0 grade point average (GPA) and above on a 4.0 scale
- Have not received this same award in the past.
The application deadline is April 16, 2018. To apply, click here
to submit the following required material :
- The completed Mayoral Award Application Form.
- A recent standard photo (2 x 2) in jpeg format.
- A copy of the most recent school transcript in PDF.
- A short biography (no more than 80 words).
- A list with full description in PDF for the followings:
- All the unpaid activities including community services and the leadership experiences starting from middle-school. Indicate the average hours spent per week on each activity.
- All the honors and awards received applicable to community services and the leadership experiences starting from middle-school
- Personal Statement (no more than 500 words): How your volunteering experience has impacted you and others around you.
To ensure complete impartiality in selection of recipients and to maintain a high level of professionalism, the Mayoral Award Committee will consist of respected local community leaders as well as executives from local industries.
- The first round of selection is based on the student’s submitted application materials.
- The applicants who pass the first round of selection will be notified to enter the second round of selection.
- The second round of selection involves an interview for which the selected candidates are expecting to give a short presentation, followed by questions of the committee.
- The final decision is based on the results from the 2nd round of selections.
- Decision of the Award Committee will prevail.
The final recipients of the award will be notified after the selection process is completed.
The mayor of San Diego will present the award to recipients at San Diego City Council at a date to be determined.
If there are any questions about the Mayoral Award, we encourage the student to contact ACA or SDAAFE directly by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com with the subject line: 2018 Mayoral Award (applicant name).
Alliance of Chinese Americans San Diego (ACA) is a nonprofit (501c3) organization dedicated to serving the Chinese community of San Diego. ACA assists Chinese newcomers in achieving the American Dream, by working to create and maintain an inclusive, diverse, and harmonious region. ACA promotes policies that advance its core values – equality, freedom, and justice – and advocates on behalf of every individual’s right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.
圣地亚哥华人联盟 (ACA) 是一个旨在多方面服务圣地亚哥华人新移民的无党派非营利性（501c3）的组织。ACA在帮助华人接受美国平等、自由、正义的核心价值基础上，为一个包容、多元、和谐的社会做积极贡献。ACA亦将组织或帮助华人参与各项社会公益事业，为社区做无私奉献。ACA反对各种形式的歧视、偏见和不公，并坚定地维护每个公民追求幸福生活和平等发展的权利。
San Diego Asian Americans for Equality（SDAAFE) is a nonpartisan and nonprofit organization dedicated to empowering Asian Americans to win equal opportunity and justice through active participation in civic and public affairs in San Diego County. It is the only nonpartisan Asian American Political Action Committee in San Diego County with over 1700 subscribers.