Dear parents in San Diego,
To help the next generation adopt balanced knowledge on controversial topics such as diversity, equity, inclusion (DEI), anti-racism, social-emotional learning (SEL), critical race theory (CRT), ethnic studies, etc., the San Diego Asian Americans for Equality (SDAAFE) is teaming up with Californians for Equal Rights (CFER). Our initiative will be focused on helping participating students develop critical thinking skills and research analysis capacities.
We are looking for high school volunteers who can work together to complete a statewide research project involving all 1,000 + school districts in California.
1. You will receive proper training prior to starting your research.
2. You can complete your research work on your computer.
3. Hours spent on the research project can be counted into your total volunteer hours. SDAFFE will help qualified volunteers apply for The President’s Volunteer Service Award (PVSA).
4. SDAAFE Youth Club will also host educational seminars/webinars aimed at leadership skills development. These informative seminars/webinars can also serve as a refreshing eye-opening experience to introduce students to valuable knowledge, perspectives and information that are not easily accessible in schools. The students will also practice fundraising to cover the expense of hosting seminars/webinars.
1. The applicant must be a full-time high school student (9th grade to 12th grade) as of February 15, 2023.
2. The applicant should be proficient in reading and analysis.
3. Please send in your name, grade, school and a brief bio to firstname.lastname@example.org.