2019 County Supervisor’s Award Guidelines
San Diego Outstanding Asian and Pacific Islander Students County Supervisor’s Award (County Supervisor’s Award) is sponsored jointly by San Diego County Supervisor and San Diego Asian Americans for Equality (SDAAFE). The purpose of this award is to celebrate and recognize API students’ achievements in the areas of science and technology, arts and culture, sports development, and civil and community engagement. Students who demonstrate talents, extraordinary leadership skills with proved accomplishments, and/or active participation in communities, as well as maintaining academic excellence in schools, should be recognized and awarded. With such recognition we hope to enlighten and foster future API leaders well into the next generation. Winners will be issued award certificates by County Supervisor Kristin Gaspar.
Here are general guidelines for those who apply for the County Supervisor’s Award:
- Must be of API descent
- Must be currently enrolled in a San Diego County high school
- Must maintain a minimum 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale
The application deadline is at 11:59 PM on March 3rd, 2019. To apply, please click Here to submit the following required materials.
- The completed County Supervisor’s Award Application Form.
- A recent profile photo in jpeg format with high resolution
- A copy of the most recent school transcript in PDF form.
- A short biography (no more than 500 words).
- A list with full descriptions inthe PDF for the followings
a) All honors and awards received applicable to your achievement starting from middle school
b) All unpaid activities (including community services and leadership experiences) starting from middle school. Indicate the average hours spent per week on each activity
- Personal Statement (no more than 500 words): How has your outstanding achievement impacted you and others around you?
2019 San Diego Outstanding API Students County Supervisor’s Award Application Form